one thing I forgot ...

On 17/10/16 14:18, Andre Przywara wrote:
> Hi,
> On 17/10/16 14:08, Ciprian Manea wrote:
>> Hi Andre,
>>   Thanks for your answer!
>> The thing is that there are a lot of libs&apps in the image and is
>> bigger than the available RAM.
>> If there's no way to flash the eMMC through the sunxi tools, is there a
>> way to boot over an USB storage device
>> and flash an image that is store on the USB storage to the eMMC ?
> Yes, that's what I wanted to say in the first message.
> You can either fully boot into Linux (for instance using an initrd,
> root-over-NFS, root-on-SD card or root-on-USB) and do the flashing from
> there. Or you do it from U-Boot as I described, with the same options,
> bascially.

Another popular possibility seems to be to use the fastboot feature in
U-Boot: You boot into U-Boot using FEL, then switch to fastboot on your
PC (and U-Boot) and do the rest of the flashing from there. This
requires OTG functionality in U-Boot and I haven't tried this myself
yet, but apparently there are a lot of happy users of this method.