Hi, thanks for answering.

17 Nisan 2017 Pazartesi 11:09:56 UTC+3 tarihinde Maxime Ripard yazdı:

> > I'm trying to get I2S output on Allwinner R8 (actually an NTC GR8).
>
> Soo, not an R8 ? :)

I thought it was more appropriate to say R8 since GR8 is based on it. Sorry
about the confusion that I inadvertently created. I'm using GR8 on a Chip
Pro board.

Could you paste somewhere your overlay, and tell how you apply it?

Sure, I've made available all the files
at https://github.com/hazarkarabay/gr8-i2s

I'm using:
4.4.30 kernel
from https://github.com/NextThingCo/CHIP-linux/tree/nextthing/4.4/chip
Compiled with defconfig + CONFIG_OF_CONFIGFS (for enabling overlay support)

Files mentioned below are relative to my git repository.
- ntc-gr8-crumb-modded.dts as my device tree, defined at kernel compile
time
(original device tree has an error related I2S MCLK pin and I can't
override it from an overlay - my overlay files has related lines for it but
not worked until I compile a kernel with fixed device tree)
- pcm1798.c as my simple-audio-card based driver.
- overlays/i2s-normal.dtbo used as device tree overlay (source available as
overlays/i2s-normal.dts)

I'm applying the overlay using following commands:

modprobe snd-soc-pcm1798
mkdir -p /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/i2s-normal
cat i2s-normal.dtbo > /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/i2s-normal/
dtbo

dmesg should show "pcm1798-hifi <-> 1c22400.i2s mapping ok".

> If you want to poke around, this is where the polarity of the clocks
> is supposed to be handled:
> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c#L296
>
> I will check.

Thanks.