On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 05:29:05PM -0800, Martin Kelly wrote: > On 01/22/2018 05:17 PM, Martin Kelly wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I'm wondering if someone knows the current status of CSI support for the > > Allwinner H3. I see on the linux-sunxi wiki that it's listed as "WIP" > > with a link to the V3s CSI patchset: > > > > http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort#Status_Matrix > > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/858748/ > > > > That said, I don't see a mention of the H3 in that patchset. Are the two > > register-compatible? > > > > Anyone know if there is a CSI driver currently or planned for the H3? > > > > Thanks, > > Martin > > Ah, just found this, which answers my question: > > https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/3/295 > > Looks like the H3 is supported. I think it would be useful to put a note > about this somewhere in the driver code, Kconfig, or DT bindings (or all > three!). Everything I saw mentions V3s but not the other SoCs.
The design is shared between all these SoCs. It doesn't mean that it has been tested on all of them. It will be added in the DT when it's been properly tested. And the issue with having a list in Kconfig or the driver's code is that you then have to maintain it, and it always goes out of date. So we're not going to do that. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "linux-sunxi" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
