On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 04:57:48PM +0100, codekip...@gmail.com wrote:

> Some codecs require a different amount of a bit clocks per frame
> than what is calculated by using the sample width. Use a slot
> width override property to provide this mechanism.

If this is a CODEC requirement we should really be working this out from
the CODEC rather than adding a DT property on the I2S controller, or at
the very least putting this in the machine drivers.  The generic drivers
already have support for mclk-fs and there's an operation set_bclk_ratio()
for them to use though we don't have a DT binding for that yet.