Hello.

I'm trying to create a custom linux distribution from yocto project and 
running it in a Nanopi Neo2 board, so I'm using your meta-sunxi layer in 
order to use the correct kernel and u-boot version for this board.
However, I'm having this error when the board tries to boot from a SD card:


*U-Boot 2018.03-gf95ab1f (Oct 07 2018 - 23:32:30 +0000) Allwinner 
Technology*

*CPU:   Allwinner H5 (SUN50I)*
*Model: FriendlyARM NanoPi NEO 2*
*DRAM:  512 MiB*
*MMC:   SUNXI SD/MMC: 0*
*Loading Environment from FAT... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default 
environment*

*Failed (-5)                                                                
     *
*Loading Environment from MMC... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default 
environment*
                                                                            
    
*Failed (-5)                                                                
     *
*In:    serial                                                              
     *
*Out:   serial                                                              
     *
*Err:   serial                                                              
     *
*Net:   No ethernet found.                                                  
     *
*starting USB...                                                            
     *
*No controllers found                                                      
      *
*Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0                                          
      *
*switch to partitions #0, OK                                                
     *
*mmc0 is current device                                                    
      *
*Scanning mmc 0:1...                                                        
     *
*Found U-Boot script /boot.scr                                              
     *
*495 bytes read in 13 ms (37.1 KiB/s)                                      
      *
*## Executing script at 4fc00000                                            
     *
*** Unable to read file allwinner/sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2.dtb **              
     *
*19495424 bytes read in 973 ms (19.1 MiB/s)                                
      *
*ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree                        
     *
*Could not find a valid device tree                                        
      *
*SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...  *
*(...)*

So basically sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2.dtb file is not found although I have 
confirmed that it is stored in the ext3/ext4 partition, under the /boot/ 
directory.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

What I am currently doing to generate the image is:


1- Clone the poky repository, as well as the sunxi meta-layer and 
its dependency: meta-openembedded.
2- Change MACHINE variable to nanopi-neo2 in build/conf/local.conf
3- Add the meta-openembedded meta-oe, meta-python and meta-networking 
layers to build/conf/bblayers.conf file.
4- Generate core-image-base using bitbake.

The image is generated without errors and I'm using dd command to write 
core-image-base-nanopi-neo2.sunxi-sdimg 
into SD card.

I hope you understand what I'm asking and, hopefully, you will be able to 
help me with the information I gave you. Nevertheless, I'm available to 
explain anything that was not quite clear.

Thank you in advance.

Ana Almeida

------------------------------

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"linux-sunxi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to