I'm trying to troubleshoot the Alpine Linux kernel not booting on my sunxi
boards (same issue with Cubieboard A10 and Orange Pi Plus H3).

Alpine is using the stock mainline kernel (currently version 4.19.14). I can
successfully build a working kernel with these sources using the default
multi_v7_defconfig target. However if I try to build the kernel using these
very same sources with Alpine's own config (available at
https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/plain/main/linux-vanilla/config-vanilla.armhf
 ), the kernel hangs at boot.
After enabling initcall_debug I see that the last function called and not
returning is clk_disable_unused. Full boot log can be found at
gist:efdde64840f8ac4081e159d9a8ffdb93

|  |  |

|  |
gist:efdde64840f8ac4081e159d9a8ffdb93

GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.

Does that ring a bell? Any idea of which config parameter needs to be changed
in the Alpine kernel?
Any idea on how to further troubleshoot this would also be appreciated :)
Thanks for your help!