On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 4:27 PM Jagan Teki <ja...@amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 7:55 AM Chen-Yu Tsai <w...@csie.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:31 PM Jagan Teki <ja...@amarulasolutions.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Compared to previous version changes[1] this version do manage
> > > ahb clocks/resets via CLK framework.
> > >
> > > This version created changes along with Andre patches to support
> > > clock/resets[2]
> > >
> > > Tested A64, SD, eMMC and respective changes available at
> > > u-boot-sunxi/next
> > >
> > > Changes for v3:
> > > - Handle clock via CLK framework.
> > > Changes for v2:
> > > - update the 'reset enablement' logic to do
> > >   required SoC's
> > >
> > > [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1026828/
> > > [2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1027850/
> > >
> > > Andre Przywara (2):
> > >   sunxi: clk: add MMC gates/resets
> > >   sunxi: clk: A80: add MMC clock support
> > >
> > > Jagan Teki (7):
> > >   mmc: sunxi: Add A83T emmc compatible
> > >   mmc: sunxi: Add mmc, emmc H5/A64 compatible
> > >   mmc: sunxi: Add DM_MMC support for H6
> > >   mmc: sunxi: Add DM_MMC support for A80
> > >   dm: mmc: sunxi: Add CLK and RESET support
> > >   arm: sunxi: Enable DM_MMC
> > >   arm: dts: sunxi: Enumerate MMC2 as MMC1
> >
> > Tested-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <w...@csie.org> # on the Bananapi M2M
> >
> > However, the A80 MMC clock patch is still missing code to toggle
> > the upstream bus clock gate and reset control in the CCU.
>
> Sent it with original mmc clock and reset patch[1], let me know your comments.

Right. The problem is nowhere in this series are those enabled /
deasserted. The A80 CCU only has one gate & reset for the whole MMC
subsystem, including the MMC config clocks block. Ideally the
driver for that block should enable the gate and deassert the
reset control.

That is what Andre and I are referring to.

> > Also I had to do a clean build after applying the patches. It
> > might be the config did not get updated properly or there's
> > some missing dependency in the build system.
>
> How did you reproduce this?

Not sure. I suppose it might be that I had an existing build
prior to applying the patches. Or it might be that I fat fingered
something and didn't actually install the newly built image.

Either way I'll yell if I run into this again.

ChenYu