Hello,

I am trying initialize an A40i board using USB OTG port when the device is
in Fel mode. Pulled this board from an Arcade1up cabinet.

sunxi-fel -l

USB device 001:075 Allwinner R40 13000001:94404700:78928308:300f05d1

The Soc is labeled A40i with no visible writing on the Dram chip. I’ve
tried to compile u-boot using defconfigs of the two available boards based
on the R40(Banana Pi M2 Ultra and Berry). I’ve also tried several different
memory settings “CONFIG_DRAM_CLK” including failsafe setting but the board
appears to hang at DRAM initialization.

sunxi-fel spl u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin

*Serial Output *

U-boot SPL 2020.04-rc3

DRAM:

I attempted to follow the retrieving device information wiki but the read
commands time out.

sunxi-fel read 0x42400000 0x82d0 boot1.header

usb_bulk_send() ERROR -7: Operation timed out

No serial output is displayed during a normal boot.

Any suggestions of how I can determine the memory setting for this board?
Is the A40i Soc supported as a R40 device?

Thank You