Dne petek, 16. oktober 2020 ob 20:44:38 CEST je Marc Haber napisal(a):
> Hi Jernej,
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 09:23:37PM +0200, Jernej Škrabec wrote:
> > Dne četrtek, 15. oktober 2020 ob 21:11:39 CEST je Marc Haber napisal(a):
> > > when I boot my Banana Pi (with Debian buster installed) with kernel 5.9,
> > > the network interface doesn't work too well. Packet loss of more than
> > > 50 %, machine nearly unuseable. Going back to 5.8.13 fixes the issue,
> > > going forward to 5.9 again makes the issue reappear.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have a good guess what to try first before going the
> > > "implant 5.8.13 stmmac driver to 5.9, maybe bisect" route?
> >
> > Try to revert https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/
> > linux.git/commit/?h=v5.9&id=bbc4d71d63549bcd003a430de18a72a742d8c91e
> >
> > This commit was found to cause issue on Beelink GS1 (Allwinner H6) which
> > has RTL8211e PHY. Since Banana Pi have same PHY, it might cause issue
> > there too.
> Reverting this commit does actually help here. Will there be a fix in
> Greg's kernel releases?

I have no clue. I don't have any problematic board, I just spotted commit when
rebasing my kernel and suggested as a possible reason. I suggest that you
contact all people involved in that commit (including relevant mailing lists)
and explain the issue. Given that this commit is the fix, it's possible that it
just uncovered another issue.

Best regards,
Jernej