Hello everyone,

I am trying to use FEL mode with a F1C200s. Other people (owning the same
device) report everything works fine. But for me it is very unstable.
Sometimes the sunxi-fel command correctly detects the chip:

❯ sudo sunxi-fel --list --verbose
Warning: no 'soc_sram_info' data for your SoC (id=1663)
USB device 001:015   Allwinner 0x1663

But when I run the command again one second later, I get:

❯ sudo sunxi-fel --list --verbose
libusb_open() ERROR -1: Input/Output Error

I have a Wireshark trace of a successful call, and of a failing call. They
start identical. Where the successful call gets to the URB_BULK out/in
messages, the failing call does a "GET STATUS" request/response. The
response is -EOVERFLOW.

Reading online suggests failing hardware. I tried with three different
cables, and cold rebooted my machine once.

Of course, the chip could be bad. But is there something else that I might
try before calling it quits? Like, a powered USB hub? (I don't currently
own one.) Or using USB 2 ports? (I suspect my machine only contains USB 3
ports, but the device is using USB 2 because it is under the "ID 1d6b:0002
Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub".)

With kind regards,

Jurrie