[Expired for OpenShot Video Editor because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: openshot

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to OpenShot Video Editor.

Title:
  OpenShot scatters the clip accross the whole timeline

Status in OpenShot Video Editor:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Trying to cut off a small clip from one big recording. The big
  recording is ogm file, ripped off a dvd video disk, total length is
  approximately 1h 38m. The resulting clip should be somewhere 'round 4m
  30s according to initial estimates.

  Here are the steps I've taken:
  1. Started OpenShot
  2. Dropped the big ogm file from Nautilus to Openshot
  3. Added the the file to one of the available tracks
  4. Positioned myself 24 minutes into the video, approx. 1 minute before the
moment I want to get
  5. Pressed the play button in order to locate the exact spot where I want to
cut the video
  6. Surprisingly the video shown was from a moment, I know for a fact to be
approx. 6 minutes from beginning.
  7. OK, perhaps the timeline is buggy... let's move 10 - 15 minutes ahead...
probably I'll be close enough to find the spot I need; so I moved to what the
timeline indicates as 38 minutes from beginning and pressed play again to see
how far I have moved
  9. Even more surprisingly than before what I saw was 30 sec. or so after the
previous play attempt
  10. OK, in my experience OpenShot has never been too cooperative when I need
it to jump to an arbitrary spot on the timeline; so I tried moving back and
forth about half a dozen times hoping to make some sense of it

  At this point I realized I'm near the end of the track and the
  timeline says this is approx. 43 minutes from the beginning. Where the
  remaining ~55 minutes are supposed to be is beyond me.

  Furthermore, the timeline of the track indicates it's at the end of
  that tack while the progress bar under the video indicates I'm
  somewhere near the middle of the video.

  And even more interestingly when I press the play button, the video
  shown is from somewhere near the 10th minute into the original
  recording.

  I have no idea how the heck I managed to crap the program so badly.
  This should be a new personal record of mine. I've to the report a bug
  item in the help menu, so I hope all needed info should be attached to
  the bug report. In addition I'm attaching a screenshot. Please note,
  the blurring of the video preview on the screenshot is by me, and not
  a problem of the program itself.