This bug was fixed in the package linux - 3.0.0-9.13

---------------
linux (3.0.0-9.13) oneiric; urgency=low

  [ Andy Whitcroft ]

  * [Config] enable CONFIG_DRM_VMWGFX=m
    - LP: #698009

  [ Kamal Mostafa ]

  * SAUCE: i915: do not setup intel_backlight twice
    - LP: #831542
 -- Leann Ogasawara <leann.ogasaw...@canonical.com>   Mon, 22 Aug 2011 06:22:25
-0700

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to Do.

Title:
  Request to enable vmwgfx driver in kernel config

Status in Do:
  Invalid
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Hello,

  VMware would like to have own "vmwgfx" DRM kernel driver enabled by
  default in distribution kernels to improve customer experience.

  In Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 1, we noticed that the Ubuntu kernel disables
  the vmwgfx driver.Currently, the vmwgfx driver is stable and is
  shipped since kernel 2.6.37-rc4.Please change the kernel configuration
  from Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 2 onwards so that "vmwgfx DRM kernel driver is
  compiled as a module (CONFIG_DRM_VMWGFX=m). The driver has to be
  compiled as a module to allow our installer detect that the driver is
  being supplied by the distribution.

  Thanks,
  VMware QA Team