Okay, Linus has merged my second patch, and CC'd it to the stable tree.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=52553ddffad76ccf192d4dd9ce88d5818f57f62a

So hopefully we will be all wrapped up here, soon.

** Changed in: linux

** Changed in: mythbuntu

** Description changed:

  In all kernels since 2.6.39, the "irqfixup" and "irqpoll" options are no
  longer taking effect.

  The interrupts now generate the same errors seen without these kernel
  options, e.g.:

    irq 19: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)

  even though irqpoll, or irqfixup, is used.

  The Linux irq code was reworked during the 2.6.39 cycle.  I have gone
  through the patches, isolated two regressions, and submitted patches for
  each.

  The first bug effectively disabled the bad-irq handling routines, by a
  test condition be accidentally reversed.  This is the commit where the
  regression arrives:

    commit d05c65fff0 , genirq: spurious: Run only one poller at a time

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=d05c65fff0ef672be75429266751f0e015b54d94

  The maintainer has accepted my patch for that, and it's on its way into
  releases: it will be in Linux 3.2, and upcoming stable releases, likely
  3.0.11 and 3.1.3.  And it's marked as committed to Oneirc now.  It's
  attached here, and is in Linus' tree at:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=c75d720fca8a91ce99196d33adea383621027bf2

  That bug disabled irqfixup & irqpoll for everybody.  But with that
  fixed, I had some machines where those kernel options still failed.  I
  bisected that problem to here:

    commit fa27271bc , genirq: Fixup poll handling

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa27271bc8d230355c1f24ddea103824fdc12de6

- I've just submitted another patch, for that regression. (So far, no one
- else seeing this bug report has hit that second regression, so there may
- be no one here in a position to test it.  I have found a previous post
- to LKML, from a user who bisected his problem to the same commit,
- fa2727, so I may try to contact him: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/24/54
- .)
-
- At any rate, my second submission to Thomas can be watched here:
-
-   https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/19/189
-
- And I'll report back.
+ I've submitted another patch, for that regression, and Linus merged it.
+ Yay.  So 3.2 should be good, and 3.0/3.1 updates in a bit -- it took a
+ month, last time.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to Mythbuntu.

Title:
  "irqfixup" and "irqpoll" broken since 2.6.39

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mythbuntu, Ubuntu derivative focused upon MythTV:
  Fix Committed
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “linux” source package in Oneiric:
  Fix Committed
Status in “linux” source package in Precise:
  Fix Released

Bug description: