12.10 is end of life.

** Changed in: openshot

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to OpenShot Video Editor.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1155707

Title:
  Openshot Frequently crashes Ubuntu 12.10

Status in OpenShot Video Editor:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Bug Date : 2013-03-15 -> 2013-04-06
  Reporter : Rory
  Architecture (64 bits or 32 bits) : i686 (32 bit)
  Plateform (Linux, Windows, Mac OSX) : Linux
  Operating System (Ubuntu, Archlinux, Seven, Mountain Lion, .....) : Ubuntu
  Version OS ( 12.04, 7, 10.6, .....) : 12.10
  New installation or update :
  Installation Method :
  Version of Openshot installed : openshot 1.4.3-1
  Revision used (if any) :0.8.8-0ubuntu0~sunab~quantal1
  MLT version: ¿0.8.8-0ubuntu0~sunab~quantal1?
  FFmpeg version : 6:0.8.5-0ubuntu0.12.10.1
  FFmpeg installation :
  Summary/Description: Stability problems. When it's ran from command line,
it's shown:

  python: malloc.c:3795: _int_malloc: Assertion
  `victim->fd_nextsize->bk_nextsize == victim' failed.

  Steps to reproduce:
  Additional information : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1611#p7301
  Link to a bug report (if any):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openshot/+bug/1155707

  I'm a long time ubuntu user but only recently got a laptop with
  sufficient power to edit video. I'm not just editing simple travel
  photos, or anything, I do creative editing involving a lot of effects
  and transitions. The computer is a Toshiba x870-025, I'm running
  Ubuntu 12.10 on a partitioned drive with windows 7.

  I edited a video for roughly 8 non-consecutive hours using the program
  and it was fine. Then it started crashing after every two to three
  changes. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason other than it
  crashes excusively when I'm working in the timeline. It doesn't freeze
  or anything, it simply closes and when reopened is saved to the last
  autosave. It got to the point where I could do one thing, it would
  crash, I'd open it and play the change, adjust the change and it would
  crash again.

  I looked around this forum, launchpad and google and tried some fixes.
  I have followed the instructions here regarding dependencies:
  viewtopic.php?f=12&t=758. The first time I did it, Openshot stopped
  opening at all. So uninstalled it and installed again, reran that
  protocol and it wasn't effected.

  I finished that last project through many many crashes. I wondered if
  it was just the complexity of the project so I started a new, simpler,
  project. Now, after two transitions, two tracks and maybe 5 cuts, it
  is back to crashing frequently when I work in the timeline.

  Any ideas left to try?