I've tried to work a bit more on this.

My input files were short clips made with a Canon PowerShot D30
waterproof compact camera. The files are Quicktime (.MOV) with H.264
video and PCM 16 audio and 24 fps.

Making a very simple project with these files, loaded automatically on
the timeline with a 2s overlap and fade in/out, the project failed to
export and Openshot crashed regularly working on the project.  Running
openshot from a terminal indicated that it died on a segfault.

Transcoding the clips to MP4 (H.264 / AAC) @24fps with ffmpeg and
creating the same project, openshot did not crash and the video exports
OK. In this case the main problem is memory and I have seen a few cases
where openshot died with the message "killed", probably due to lack of
memory.

My computer has 4Gb ram and 7.5Gb swap. Openshot will regularly run at
7-9Gb virtual mem and 1.8-2.4Gb resident.

In any case, it seems that openshot is unhappy with the video files
generated by the Canon D30 camera, since a simple transcode of the files
will make it behave well.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to OpenShot Video Editor.

Title:
  Openshot 2.0.5 crashes during export

Status in OpenShot Video Editor:
  New

Bug description:
  Openshot 2.0.5 crashes practically every time during export. Sometimes
  after 4%, sometimes after 80%, but in maybe 20 attempts with many
  different settings, only one export ever finished and it took ages.

  This is a Debian testing system, and Openshot is installed from deb-
  multimedia.org.

  While I have no doubt that exporting works for others, and that the
  problem is most likely somehow on my system, I'm quite at a loss as to
  what is wrong.

  There is nothing relevant in the log.

  If I run launch-openshot from a terminal, I'm just told it segfaults.

  arch amd64
  debian testing
  deb from deb-multimedia.org
  version 2.0.5