Public bug reported:

I could not find mention of this bug on https://launchpad.net.

 affects chromium-browser

I built a new 20.04 LTS desktop and installing Chromium along with many
other packages to match the list from an 18.04 LTS multi-user desktop.
When I migrated the users home directories to the new box, Chromium would
not use the wallets that previously worked in 18.04.  When using Chromium,
no saved passwords would appear (Settings --> Password, under Saved
Passwords) like in 18.04.

*Relevant information*
Chromium in 18.04 was a package.  Chromium in 20.04 is a snap.

*${HOME}/.config/chromium-flags.conf* (as does chrome-flags.conf) is
verified to contain:

> # KDE Wallet integration
> --password-store=kwallet

And, using *kwalletmanager*, I verified that Chromium (and Google Chrome)
had authorization to access the wallet.

*Before Work-around*

> $ *snap connections chromium*
> Interface                 Plug                               Slot
>                            Notes
> audio-playback            chromium:audio-playback
>            :audio-playback                 -
> audio-record              chromium:audio-record              :audio-record
>                   -
> browser-support           chromium:browser-sandbox
>           :browser-support                -
> camera                    chromium:camera                    :camera
>                         -
> content[gtk-3-themes]     chromium:gtk-3-themes
>              gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes  -
> content[icon-themes]      chromium:icon-themes
>               gtk-common-themes:icon-themes   -
> content[sound-themes]     chromium:sound-themes
>              gtk-common-themes:sound-themes  -
> cups-control              chromium:cups-control              :cups-control
>                   -
> desktop                   chromium:desktop                   :desktop
>                        -
> gsettings                 chromium:gsettings                 :gsettings
>                      -
> home                      chromium:home                      :home
>                           -
> joystick                  chromium:joystick                  :joystick
>                       -
> mount-observe             chromium:mount-observe             -
>                               -
> mpris                     -
>                                  chromium:mpris                  -
> network                   chromium:network                   :network
>                        -
> network-bind              chromium:network-bind              :network-bind
>                   -
> network-manager           chromium:network-manager           -
>                               -
> opengl                    chromium:opengl                    :opengl
>                         -
> password-manager-service  chromium:password-manager-service
>  :password-manager-service       -
> personal-files            chromium:chromium-config
>           :personal-files                 -
> pulseaudio                chromium:pulseaudio                -
>                               -
> raw-usb                   chromium:raw-usb                   -
>                               -
> removable-media           chromium:removable-media           -
>                               -
> screen-inhibit-control    chromium:screen-inhibit-control
>    :screen-inhibit-control         -
> u2f-devices               chromium:u2f-devices               :u2f-devices
>                    -
> unity7                    chromium:unity7                    :unity7
>                         -
> upower-observe            chromium:upower-observe
>            :upower-observe                 -
> x11                       chromium:x11                       :x11
>                            -

*Work-around*

> $ *snap connect chromium:password-manager-service*

*After Work-around*

> $ *snap connections chromium*
> Interface                 Plug                               Slot
>                            Notes
> audio-playback            chromium:audio-playback
>            :audio-playback                 -
> audio-record              chromium:audio-record              :audio-record
>                   -
> browser-support           chromium:browser-sandbox
>           :browser-support                -
> camera                    chromium:camera                    :camera
>                         -
> content[gtk-3-themes]     chromium:gtk-3-themes
>              gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes  -
> content[icon-themes]      chromium:icon-themes
>               gtk-common-themes:icon-themes   -
> content[sound-themes]     chromium:sound-themes
>              gtk-common-themes:sound-themes  -
> cups-control              chromium:cups-control              :cups-control
>                   -
> desktop                   chromium:desktop                   :desktop
>                        -
> gsettings                 chromium:gsettings                 :gsettings
>                      -
> home                      chromium:home                      :home
>                           -
> joystick                  chromium:joystick                  :joystick
>                       -
> mount-observe             chromium:mount-observe             -
>                               -
> mpris                     -
>                                  chromium:mpris                  -
> network                   chromium:network                   :network
>                        -
> network-bind              chromium:network-bind              :network-bind
>                   -
> network-manager           chromium:network-manager           -
>                               -
> opengl                    chromium:opengl                    :opengl
>                         -
> password-manager-service  chromium:password-manager-service
>  :password-manager-service       manual
> personal-files            chromium:chromium-config
>           :personal-files                 -
> pulseaudio                chromium:pulseaudio                -
>                               -
> raw-usb                   chromium:raw-usb                   -
>                               -
> removable-media           chromium:removable-media           -
>                               -
> screen-inhibit-control    chromium:screen-inhibit-control
>    :screen-inhibit-control         -
> u2f-devices               chromium:u2f-devices               :u2f-devices
>                    -
> unity7                    chromium:unity7                    :unity7
>                         -
> upower-observe            chromium:upower-observe
>            :upower-observe                 -
> x11                       chromium:x11                       :x11
>                            -

*Result*
Restarting Chromium, users are prompted for the wallet password for access
and saved passwords now appear in the Chromium Browser from the wallet.

*Question*
I am not very familiar with snaps.  How does one make this automatic for
all users?

Thanks

- jss

** Affects: chromium-browser

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to Chromium Browser.

Title:
  Chromium Browser Snap does not use Password Manager Service

Status in Chromium Browser:
  New

Bug description: