> How so?

The actual software of which the configuration belongs to is chromium
(or "notes"), not snap, snap is "just there" in the middle.

Say I want to wipe snap's configuration, I should be able to wipe
`$XDG_DATA_HOME/snap` without losing my n+1 snap application's data.
Very simply put, `$XDG_DATA_HOME/snap` is for snap,
`$XDG_DATA_HOME/chromium` is for chromium. It would be equally silly to
have i386 software use ``$XDG_DATA_HOME/i386/software`.

Thirdly, it creates a discrepancy in configuration folder location
between distributions, which is pointlessly annoying and hinders distro-
hopping.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to Chromium Browser.

Title:
  chromium-browser does not follow XDG base directory specification

Status in Chromium Browser:
  New
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Currently Chromium does not follow the XDG base directory
  specification which means that the cache and configuration folder
  aren't properly used.

  This causes the issue that it's nearly impossible to properly migrate
  or back up Chromium configuration (between computers) and it makes for
  example mounting cache as tmpfs or wiping it very very difficult.

  I felt those both immensely when trying to migrate my home folder,
  gigabytes of cache in ~/snap/chromium/[id]/.config/chromium/[folder]
  (and ~/snap itself is also not XDG base directory specification
  compliant, shame!).

  There's also the issue that the previous configuration that is located
  properly, isn't migrated by the migrational package.

  In order to fix this bug, it would require making the snap package
  follow the XDG base directory specification.