I can't open certain e-mail-attachments which are important to me and my
work, because Thunderbird places them in /tmp/pid-99999/ and opens them
with my default browser.

I first thought, this should be easily fixable -- but no, there seems
not to be a workaround (other than manually installing Firefox).

Seriously?!?

I wonder: What is going on in your minds?!? I'm using Kubuntu since it
exists, but this is yet one more awkward thing slowly pushing me back to
the search for another distro. It's one of the most common things to
open an HTML-file in the /tmp/ -- being a software-developer I did this
myself pretty often -- and you break such basic functionality and say
"it's by design". Really?!?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of UBUNTU -
AL - BR, which is subscribed to Chromium Browser.

Title:
  Firefox and Chromium snaps preventing apps and devices from working
  correctly.

Status in Chromium Browser:
  New
Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in snapd:
  New

Bug description:
  Many apps put files in /tmp or ~/.cache to then open those files with
  other apps. Files won't open from those locations with the Firefox
  snap. Just within a few days of using, I've found quite a few apps
  that don't work as they should or seem broken as a result.

  * Any archive manager (xarchive uses /tmp, file-roller and engrampa use
~/.cache, peazip uses ~/.ptmp)
  * Catfish (uses /tmp also for opening files in archives)
  * fish (fish_config uses an html file in /tmp and uses a browser for
configuration)

  Other things not working:

  * WebUSB (Used in Chromium for securely interacting with USB devices,
installing and updating Android devices, etc)
  * USBMidi (Used in Chromium and Firefox for using Midi instruments)