On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 06:53, John Tyner wrote:
> > 1. Who can write these settings? How do you control that?
>
> I set permissions to rw-r--r--. Don't these files get owned by root when
> created?

Yes, which is probably wrong for the proc file. It should precisely
mirror the current permissions of the object it refers to and change
atomically with it. It also needs to handle revocation of rights
properly and do all this race free.

You can't actually do it, which is one reason all of this has to end up
done right in V4L2 itself, and one of the flaws of the driverfs model
when its abused for potentially user configurable things.