I get an oops on shutdown with 2.4.20 (speedtouch driver).  Here is what
happens:

probe method called: I take a reference to the usb device with usb_inc_dev_use

(machine shutting down - shutdown of usb subsystem)

disconnect called

(still have the reference)

...time passes...

final driver shutdown: I drop the reference using usb_dec_dev_use, which oopses.

I didn't yet work out which line in usb_free_dev (= usb_dec_dev_use) is
oopsing, but presumably the problem is that some usb structures have
been finalized due to the shutdown of the usb subsystem.

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Duncan.