On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, David Brownell wrote:

> Did you have a chance to test this ... perhaps using "dummy_hcd"
> and the "gadget zero" driver, which is likely the most accessible
> implementation?  Or there's some ez-usb firmware Martin Diehl wrote,
> which ought to work if you have some ez-usb based device around.

Heck, I've barely had a chance to write it, let alone test it.  In fact,
it seemed clear that nobody had tried any testing recently.  One of the
minor bugs I fixed was a subroutine call that passed a structure rather
than a pointer to the structure; that would never have compiled.

Alan Stern

P.S. to David:  I want to look into writing a replacement for the
usb_bulk_msg() family of routines along the lines you described (probably
following the usb_sg_xxx calls as a model).  It seems clear that a
prerequisite is a version of wait_for_completion() that also takes a
timeout.  I vaguely recall seeing something you did once along those
lines.  Do you still have it lying around?

P.S. to Greg:  Did you see that small patch I sent yesterday for a couple
of macros in usb.h?  I realized afterward that an analogous change is
needed in 2.4.