Am Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2003 05:18 schrieb David Brownell:
> > Yes, a configuration change is:
> > 1. Lock device
> > 2. Disconnect all interfaces
> > 3. Send control message
> > 4. Unlock device
> > 5. Probe all the device's interfaces
> >
> > To a driver changing a configuration is an unplug, replug cycle.
>
> Make that probe()/disconnect() ... :)

I did ;-) I've made a patch. I'll test it when I get home again.
Booting troubles and other work prevented it until now.
I am not absolutely happy. I'd prefer to use suspend()/disconnect()
- resume()/probe() based on the interfaces going away and remaining.

> Something I want (eventually) to see between steps 2 & 4 is
> notifying the hcd to clear each endpoint's configuration data.
> That state is known to hardware (OHCI and EHCI) so changing it
> needs hardware synchronization.

Interesting. Could you point me at the code in question?

> The same problem comes up with (re)setting an interface to
> some altsetting.  There's no probe/disconnect relevant there
> since the interface doesn't go away, but the hardware does
> need to clear out its state.

How about usb_reset_device() ?
To do so it seems to me, we need another entry in the bus
operations. What do you think?

        Regards
                Oliver