On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Stelian Pop wrote:

> Got this message upon booting 2.5.72 on my Sony Vaio C1VE Picturebook
> with an internal USB memory stick reader:
>
> Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
>       usb-storage: This device (054c,0032) has an unneeded SubClass entry in
> unusual_devs.h
>          Please send a copy of this message to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
>         Vendor: Sony      Model: MSC-U01N          Rev: 1.00
>         Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>       WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
>
> This one too when plugging in my external floppy disk drive:
>       usb-storage: This device (057b,0000) has unneeded SubClass and Protocol
> entries in unusual_devs.h
>          Please send a copy of this message to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>       scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
>         Vendor: Y-E DATA  Model: USB-FDU           Rev: 3.12
>         Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>       Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
>
> BTW, for the very first time in a long time (in 2.5 kernels), both my
> memory stick and the floppy work perfectly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Stelian.

Congratulations!  You're the first person to submit an email in response
to that new kernel log message.

To help determine the proper change needed to the unusual_devs.h file,
could you please also post the contents of your /proc/bus/usb/devices file
with both the memory stick reader and the external floppy drive plugged in
(or if you prefer, one copy with the reader plugged in and another copy
with the drive plugged in).

Thanks.