On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Antonio Fiol Bonnín wrote:

> First of all, thank you very much for your replies,
>
> I have tried 2.5.70 and:
>
> - I get far less frequent wakeup_hc and suspend_hc messages ...
> - ... but still a couple every few seconds seems too much.

Do you have any USB devices plugged in to your computer?  If you do then
there shouldn't be any suspend_hc messages at all.  If you don't then
there shouldn't be any wakeup_hc messages.

I've seen things like this happen with kernels ealier than 2.5.72, but
always it was after some sort of oops.

> Mr. Fulghum said that I do not have the affected hardware (PIIX4 USB
> controller). Well, that is possible. I have, however, some affected
> hardware, as I can see the problem appear on my system.
>
> The hard is (at least lspci says so): USB Controller: Intel Corp.
> 82801BA/BAM USB (Hub #1) (rev 12)

It's possible that your controller has an error similar to the PIIX4.

> Do you advise me to try 2.5.74?

It won't hurt to try.  And it might end up working better than 2.5.70.