On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Here is some more syslog with debugging output enabled. Again,
> I tried to format /dev/sdc1 using mkreiserfs after removing
> the old partition table and creating a maxsize partition. Since
> this problem affects file I/O, it is possible that the
> syslog is incomplete.
>
> Hopefully its OK to send 4 KByte compressed data to this
> mailing list.

Yes it is.

Your syslog didn't show any USB-related errors at all.  But like you say,
it probably isn't complete.  It stops short in the middle of an operation.
The last few missing entries may be the important ones.  Is there any way
you can get them?  Maybe configure your syslog daemon to echo the log to
the console screen, so that if nothing else works at least you can write
down the last few lines.  Which lines are important: everything following
the line that says "*** thread awakened." just before things started to go
wrong.