Pering, Trevor wrote:
Ok, at least I know I'm trying to do something "new" here...

1) I'm not sure when to set RemoteWakeupConnected -- I don't really have
a BIOS, so I am just setting it when I bring the USB OHCI controller out
of reset. (And when it comes out of suspend.) But, I don't really
understand what this bit does, so I'm just running blind here.

I recall the docs saying that some hardware wouldn't physically be able to implement remote wakeup ... and this bit was how the boot firmware communicated that to the rest of the system.

2) Then, right before the system is suspended, I set RemoteWakeupEnable
to 1.

However, the system still doesn't work -- the remote device (in this
case a USB mouse) will not trigger a USB remote wakeup. Looking at USB
logs, I do not see any SET_FEATURE requests going out, and there is no
resume signaling on the bus. From this I am concluding that my current
problem is not one with the host wakeup sequence, but rather enabling
the remote wakeup.

There could also be a host wakeup sequence issue (likely, for code that has never been used); but certainly nothing enables remote wakeup today.

As I noted, that's is a case of walking all the USB trees and enabling
it on the devices that can support it.  (There's a bit in the device
descriptor, describing devices that can.)  This is most naturally part
of the hub driver.

- Dave

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email sponsored by: Free pre-built ASP.NET sites including Data Reports, E-commerce, Portals, and Forums are available now. Download today and enter to win an XBOX or Visual Studio .NET. http://aspnet.click-url.com/go/psa00100003ave/direct;at.aspnet_072303_01/01 _______________________________________________ [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, use the last form field at: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linux-usb-devel