> Thanks,
> so it seems it doesn't hurt as USB is always hotpluggable. But I fail to see
> how it might help.

As far as I understand, __init / __devinit is only relevant for device driver (codes)
that are statically linked.
In the case of USB Device Driver (not usbcore / usbhost ), one should actually not use
__init/__devinit, since USB probe can happen at any time, unless the device is
"static", i.e., not unplugable (I don't know if this word does exist :) ).

best regards,
Soewono