On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Jon Wilson wrote:

> Greg KH wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 01:26:21PM +0100, Jon Wilson wrote:
> >

> >># This gives me the following in dmesg, and an oops (attached)
> >>hub 1-0:1.0: port 2, status 100, change 3, 12 Mb/s
> >>usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
> >>usb 1-2: usb_disable_device nuking all URBs
> >>usb 1-2: unregistering interface
> >>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000c
> >>printing eip:
> >>c016fc95
> >>*pde = 36b3e067
> >>

> >Care to send the whole oops message?
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >greg k-h
> >

> Attached. Apologies!

There have been lots of reports recently about oopses occuring during
device disconnect processing.  One from yesterday had usbdev->bus set to
some funny value and this looks like it may be similar.

It seems like a ripe area for someone to check out.  Maybe a reference
count is getting decremented too soon.