Oliver Neukum wrote:
On second thought, the skeleton driver doesn't even limit the buffersize
to something sane. Triggering 128K allocations in unlimited numbers is
not nice at all.

        Regards
                Oliver

That's right; I forgot that I'd seen that too.

I suppose this is the difference between a "skeleton" and an "example?" :)

As you mentioned, any limit on the number of URBs in flight would require a counting semaphore or some other kind of locking. There's a comment at the top of the code extolling the fact that there is no locking, which made me think that issues like this were now being handled lower in the kernel--which I admit doesn't make much sense. As things stand though, I could see this turning into a FAQ.

Thank you for your time!

Sam