Like USB controller in MPC8349E.
> Can u provide some help on general issues, on how the transceiver must
> be approached while programming.
>
> a) During a SUSPEND of the controller.. should i be putting the
> transceiver in low power mode. by disabling its clock.
That depends on how power sensitive your device is.  In MPC8349, set the
controller to suspend mode is enough.

> b) Also Can u provide some light on isses that have to be taken in to
> account when i have a transceiver ULPI for my ARC controller ( I WOULD
> LIKE TO ADD THAT IT IS NOT AN EXTERNAL TRANSCEIVER CHIP. THE ULPI
> TRANSCEIVER IS INTEGERATED IN TO THE ARC CONTROLLER.)
Whether or not the controller and transceiver are physically separated, it's
easy to divide them logically.  You can put management to OTGSC register in a
separate OTG driver.

> Please comment on these issues. This would be of great help

Regards,
Leo