On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 17:35 +1200, Shane wrote:
> I have a USB webcam with no linux driver <G>
>
> My windows driver names the device and driver as
>  CMOS 100K-X Rev 2.01.0025.0 #2
>
> lsusb sees the device as
> Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0572:0001 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. Ezcam II
> WebCam
>
> After a google I find no linux drivers for the device.  Not to be outdone I
> am
> researching the possibility of writing a driver myself
>
> I have installed SnoopyPro in windows, and captured around 2600 packets
> watching the device connect, be interrogated by  the host, idle for a period,
> and data being sent for a webcam viewer application
>
> My next question is.. what now?
> Usb-robot doesnt appear to handle isochronous devices.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Shane
>
> -
Try to find wich usb chip is used inside,
In this webcam, three different chipsets are used IIRC, check the label
to see which type or check with, lsusb -v, sane-find-scanner -v -v
 1. CPIA (Conexant), 2. OV511 (OV6620) and 3. ICM532 (UVT8532)
 At this moment all three are supported by a linux driver, but your usb
vendor and product id is not always added to the program.
Try sane-find-scanner -v -v to detect if it is a ICM532 (supported by
the spca5xx kernel module).
--
--------
m.vr.gr.