On Mon, 21 May 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> >     int hidinput_has_ff(struct hid_device *hid)
> >     {
> >             struct hid_input *hidinput;
> >
> >             list_for_each_entry(hidinput, &hid->inputs, list)
> >                     if (test_bit(EV_FF, hidinput->input->evbit))
> >                             return 1;
> >             return 0;
> >     }
> Taken.

Thanks.

> > > If we do "busy style" autosuspend only for devices we positively
> > > identify, is the point rendered moot?
> > Sorry, could you be please more specific? I don't think I understand
> > the point here. Thanks.
> Such devices would be claimed by hiddev, wouldn't they be?
> So if hiddev's open() bumps the count they won't be autosuspended
> anyway.

Now I understand, that makes sense.

BTW I think there actually might be devices which won't be claimed neither
by hid-input nor hiddev - I mean devices with

        hid->collection[i].type == HID_COLLECTION_PHYSICAL &&
                !IS_INPUT_APPLICATION(hid->collection[i].usage)

for every possible i . Not a big issue, but probably might need fixing one
day.

--
Jiri Kosina