On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, gutian abei wrote:

> Dear All:
> I am trying to develop a USB device driver in Linux platform.
> I want to know the current state of supporting USB selective suspend
> feature of Linux USB core. This feature is described by USB specification
> 2.0.

The USB core supports selective suspend (also known as "runtime
suspend" or "autosuspend").  However individual USB device drivers must
also include support, which means the driver must implement at least a
suspend() and a resume() method, and it must set the
.supports_autosuspend flag in its usb_driver structure.  It also must
call usb_autopm_get_interface() and usb_autopm_put_interface() at the
appropriate times.

There's a lot of documention in the comments in
drivers/usb/core/driver.c.