On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> Well, I've thought a bit about this. I know a hub is to blame. Even if I did
> learn what causes this specific error, it wouldn't help in the other cases.

These sorts of problems tend to be _very_ hardware dependent.  That
very same hub might work perfectly with someone else's computer or with
a different USB drive.

> IMHO improving error handling is better than avoiding this fault.

You mean "error recovery".  It's not clear that we _can_ do anything
other than what we are doing.  Longer recovery delays, perhaps.

Maybe we need to reset the hub instead of the storage device.  But that
is an unpleasant solution, especially if other devices are plugged into
the hub.

Do you have any other ideas?