On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:36:56 -0500 (EST), Alan Stern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm out of good ideas.  You can try playing around with the
> code in drivers/usb/storage/transport.c, adding delays here and there
> to see if they make any difference.

Sorry for repeating this, but usbmon provides a useful timestamp,
especially on more modern systems with something like HPET timer.
By comparing timestamps for the case of cat writing to serial port
and to disk, one may be able to detect the difference and thus know
where to add delays that Alan mentions above.

-- Pete
-