In search of my problem with my new USB-3.0-Cardreader i found this mailiglist.

I collected some more facts about the problem reading SDHC-Cards with an
USB-3.0 cardreader:

Cardreaders:
- I have the same problem with the Transcend RDF8K
- same problem on Kingston Media Reader FCR-HS3
- same problem on Hama All in One SuperSpeed-Multi-Cardreader

Problem is also on different USB-3.0-Chipsets:
- NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03)
- Renesas Technology Corp. Device 0015 (rev 02)
- Etron Technology, Inc. EJ168 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 01)

not working cards I have tested:
- SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 8GB
- SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 4GB
- SanDisk SDHC 4GB

The cardreader works:
- attached to USB-2.0
- with SDXC-Cards

MacOS seems to have the same Problem, on Windows 7 all works as it
should without a special manufacturer driver for the cardreader.

Tested on following kernels:
- 3.1.10 (opensuse)
- 3.5.1 (opensuse)
- 3.6.0-rc1-20120814 (vanilla)

Since now only a few people use USB-3.0 and the special cardreaders.
I hope my facts will help and the problem will be solved soon.

Best regards
Joe