On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Florian Merz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To enable usb autosuspend i use the following in a script after booting:
> for i in `find /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/control`; do echo auto > $i; done;
> for i in `find /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/power/autosuspend`; do echo 2 > $i;
> done;
>
> After this new usb devices aren't recognized anymore. Whether 'lsusb' nor
> 'dmesg' show up anything.

Do you mean that if you plug in a new USB device, nothing happens?

Or do you mean that some USB devices which were present during boot
don't get detected?

Are the undetected devices attached to a USB-2 port or a USB-3 port?

> When i turn the usb port back on manualy: (echo on >
> /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/control) the usb device shows up.
>
> Since this is my first bug report I'll just add what I think is helpful.
>
> % lspci | grep -i usb
> 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
> USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
> 00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
> USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
> 00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
> USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
>
> My system is a Lenovo Thinkpad x230.
>
> I'm using arch linux with linux-mainline kernel
> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50893)

What is the kernel version?

Can you build a kernel with CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled and then post the
output from "dmesg" showing what happens during boot and after you
turn the port back on manually?