On 2012年11月11日 23:46, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012, Lan Tianyu wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan:
>>      Great thanks for your review and good suggestions.
>>      I think the main problem is that when the port device resumed(you said
>> turn on/off power in the port's runtime callback ) and device powered on
>> again, If we did't resume the device and suspend again, the device would
>> be at uninitalized state(I guess it should be unattached state actually)
>> until resume it, right?
>
> No.  The device will be in the POWERED state at first, but it will
> quickly change into the SUSPENDED state.
>
>>  This will consume more power than suspend it
>> agian.
>
> No it won't, because the device will suspend itself after 3 ms.
But the premise is "they see a constant Idle state on their upstream
facing bus lines for more than 3.0 ms", that means the port's suspend
feature should be set to prevent all the bus activity(e.g sof), right?

Now I have another concern that the device will maintain address 0 after
repower and not reset-resume. What happen if another device was plugged in?

--
Best regards
Tianyu Lan