On 18/06/18 12:51, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Johan Hovold <jo...@kernel.org> writes:

>>> omap has its own glue layer for several reasons. If you're talking about
>>> Keystone devices, then okay, I understand. But in that case, this would
>>> mean Keystone is copying the same arguably broken PM domain design from
>>> OMAP and it would be best not to propagate that idea.
>>
>> Maybe so. I'm not sure what Roger's use case is, but perhaps the omap
>> glue driver could be used instead.
>
> unlikely. Keystone devices are very different from OMAP family. But
> we'll see what Roger says.

Well, I was considering to use of-simple for the AM654 SoC [1] but now
I'm of the opinion that it might be better to add a new glue layer driver
for that because
- it needs to poke a few registers in the wrapper region
- it doesn't really need the driver to enable any clock
- it needs a pm_runtime_get_sync() to be done in probe

[1] - https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/6/5/44

--
cheers,
-roger

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki