Hi,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Terin Stock <te...@terinstock.com> wrote:
>> It would also be good to document what device you were plugging in
>> that you were having problems with and what system you were running
>> on.  That would help someone else if they ever wanted to modify the
>> same area of code and re-test.  They'd have a better chance of not
>> re-breaking you.
>
> This is a rather generic USB floppy drive. Is there a preference of
> vid and pid and/or product and manufacturer strings?

Whichever seems better to you is probably fine.  This just gives folks
a clue at trying to replicate your setup.  ;-)

>> Overall nit: please CC LKML on patches.  If nothing else that makes
>> them easier to find in lore.kernel.org/patchwork
>
> To be clear, is this CC on the email envelope?

Don't add "Cc:" of LKML in the patch description itself, just make
sure it's CCed on the message in git-send-email.

I'll put in my usual plug for considering "patman" to help post
patches.  That calls get_maintainer for you which always suggests
CCing LKML.  http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=tools/patman/README