From: Yeh.Charles [葉榮鑫]
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:52 PM
To: ''g...@kroah.com' (g...@kroah.com)'
Cc: Johan Hovold (jo...@kernel.org) (jo...@kernel.org);
linux-usb@vger.kernel.org
Subject: RE: Prolific: PL2303G Linux driver ( new USB to UART chip)

Hi Greg,
    Because the VENDOR_WRITE_REQUEST & VENDOR_READ_REQUEST is different between
old and new chip.

                 VENDOR_WRITE_REQUEST    VENDOR_READ_REQUEST
 PL2303 (old chip)           0x01                       0x01
 PL2303G(new chip)         0x80                       0x81

    We hope the file name is different
    I will discuss my leader about the file name issue..
    I also study the Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Charles Yeh
TeL: +886-2-26546363 ext.522
Prolific Technology Inc.