On 28.09.2018 21:10, Jack Pham wrote:
Hi Mathias,

Jack, Peter, do these patches solve the remove issues you are seeing?

At my two USB3 platforms, only apply the 1st patch can fix my problem.  Maybe
my USB3 port change interrupt occurs always before removing USB2 HCD.

It's possible yes.

Peter

Ditto. I think the xhci_irq() is getting triggered by something during
usb_remove_hcd() (usb_disconnect on the root hub?) but is able to
complete before it returns. That is, the NULL pointer dereference is
resolved yet I don't see that "ignore port event for removed USB3 hcd"
message at all.

Regardless, it's good to have here just in case, so
Tested-by: Jack Pham <ja...@codeaurora.org>

Will you be sending this as separate patches for -rc vs -stable?

Thanks,
Jack

Thanks, adding tested-by tags.

I'll send them to -rc with stable tag, and then later send a backported version
to older kernel once I have a upstream commit ID I can refer to.

Thanks
-Mathias