Hi Ben,

Thanks for the patch.

On 10/10/2018 11:30 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Commit 5b22f676118f "usbip: vhci_hcd: check rhport before using in
> vhci_hub_control()" added some validation of rhport, but left
> several problems:
>
> - If VHCI_HC_PORTS < 256, we can get rhport >= VHCI_HC_PORTS which
>   is also out of range.  To keep things simple, set rhport to -1 if
>   this would happen.
> - For GetPortStatus, we range-check wIndex (and by implication
>   rhport) and report an error, but *don't* skip the following code.
>   Add a goto to the error path.
> - At the end of the function, there's one last port_status lookup
>   that's not protected by any range check.

I have patch out for this to fix a syzbot reported problem.

console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=126a6f0e400000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=531a917630d2a492
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=bccc1fe10b70fadc78d0
compiler:       gcc (GCC) 8.0.1 20180413 (experimental)
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=121caa46400000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=14ed8ab6400000

I was able to reproduce the problem with the C reproducer and fixed it.

Here is fix:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10628833/

Sudip verified the patch.

thanks,