Hello Oliver,

Thank you for the reply again.

On 8/11/2018 6:30 PM, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> On Mi, 2018-11-07 at 13:20 +0800, Morikazu Fumita wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Hello Oliver,
>>
>> I got rid of the network bridge but the timeout error still happens so I
>> can rule out the bridge now.
>
> Good.
>
>> I also got USB packet dump and found that the error is happening
>> regardless of HCI commands.
>>
>> One example is below. I just inserted the USB dongle when I got the
>> following errors.
>> [  145.046503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x1002 tx timeout
>> [  147.086503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c52 tx timeout
>> [  149.121499] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c45 tx timeout
>> [  151.166503] Bluetooth: hci0: command 0x0c58 tx timeout
>>
>> Please find the USB packet dump attached.
>
> I have trouble reading this. How did you make it?
> What does it view with?
You should be able to open it with WireShark. Sorry for not mentioning it.

>> In frame no. 161, the host sent HCI command 0x1002 (Read Local Supported
>> Commands).
>> Then the USB dongle tried to respond to that from frame no. 163 but it
>> did not sent all fragment packets. It seems to stop response in the middle.
>> Finally, above "0x1002 tx timeout" happened.
>
> Did you try to repeat this from cold boot?
Yes, I completely turned the target power OFF then ON and then inserted the USB BT dongle.

>> As for frame no. 165, the host sent 0x0c52 (Write Extended Inquiry
>> Response) but there was no response to it then above "0x0c52 tx timeout"
>> happened.
>>
>> This is just one example. The USB dongle can be successfully inserted
>> and working for a while but suddenly stops response to HCI commands like
>> this example.
>> It seems there is no specific HCI commands to cause the problem.
>>
>> I do not find out what is the trigger of it yet.
>> Do you have any thoughts from this point?
>
> Have you tried ruling out LPM and other runtime PM?

I disabled the following kernel options but the error still happens by power ON and inserting the BT dongle as mentioned above.
* CPU Frequency scaling
* CPU idle PM support
* Suspend to RAM and standby
* Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
* Device power management core functionality
* Advanced Power Management Emulation

I also disabled options under "Bluetooth subsystem support" (so only "Bluetooth subsystem support" is enabled) but still it is happening.

I tried to reduce some USB options and enabled just only the following stuff but it did not make any difference.
* Support for Host-side USB
* USB announce new devices
* DesignWare USB2 DRD Core Support

> This looks like a bluetooth issue, not specifically USB so we
> are kind of the wrong mailing list. There is one for Bluetooth.
That's right. I will organize information and re-send email on the Bluetooth mailing list including you.

>     Regards
>         Oliver

Kind regards,

Mori