On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:16:26 +0800
Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly you mentioned this article. Back in 2008, we have
> some discussions about this topic in Microchip forum.
> http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=329799

My favorite search engine told me about it of course while i did my
research :) Sadly no one posted some results of what he tried, but
thanks for mentioning it.

The biggest problem i noticed with PTP/IEEE1588 scheme is that it relies
on the presumption that transmission delays are equal in both
directions. This is probably way too optimistic for USB(?). OTOH it
might not matter much depending on the precision needs.