* Yegor Yefremov <yegorsli...@googlemail.com> [191001 09:20]:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM Johan Hovold <jo...@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 09:54:11PM +0200, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I did not check the details, but from the cover-letter this might be
> > > woth looking into:
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190930161205.18803-1-jo...@kernel.org/
> >
> > No, that one should be unrelated as it would only prevent later suspends
> > after
> > a driver has been unbound (and rebound).
>
> I've tried to increase the autosuspend_delay_ms and to set control to
> "on" but nothing changes. Below you can see the output of my testing
> script [1] (Py2 only). As one can see, the first cycle i.e. after the
> port is open for the first time, fails. But the subsequent cycle is
> successful. If you invoke the script again, everything repeats.
>
> I've also made printk() in cppi41_run_queue() and it looks like this
> routine will be called from cppi41_dma_issue_pending() only in the
> beginning of the second test cycle.

So sounds like for you intially cppi41_dma_issue_pending() has
!cdd->is_suspended and just adds the request to the queue. And
then cppi41_run_queue() never gets called if this happens while
we have cppi41_runtime_resume() is still running?

Can you check that cppi41_dma_issue_pending() really gets
called for the first request and it adds the request to the
queue by adding a printk to cppi41_dma_issue_pending()?

> [1] http://ftp.visionsystems.de/temp/serialtest.py

For me this script somehow fails to configure the ports with:

$ python2 serialtest.py -c2 /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB0
Openning one of the serial ports failed
Openning one of the serial ports failed

The permissions are set properly as I have minicom working..
So still no luck reproducing.

Regards,

Tony