On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 02:05:29PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
> > Hi Tianyu,
> >
> > This patch looks fine, however, this doesn't apply against Greg's
> > usb-linus branch.  Can you please fix and resubmit?
>
> Actually, I think it would be better if there was a single function for
> disabling wakeup on all devices.  Then the division between USB-2 and
> USB-3 could be encapsulated entirely within that function.

I agree.  However, I feel like that should be a separate patch for
usb-next to keep the stable kernel changes to a minimum.

I think we need two functions: one for enabling remote wakeup, and one
for disabling remote wakeup.  The long arguments to the control message
are (usually) nested two or three indentation levels deep, so having
separate functions for both enable and disable would be good.

Sarah Sharp