On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 02:50:57PM +0800, Joshua wrote:

> > Recently, I read the EHCI 1.1 addendum specification. I noticed there
> > are some implementations in kernel for that spec by intel engineers,
> > but i didn't find the "Hardware Prefetching" support . Did the kernel
> > support that feature?
> > I doubt there have such a EHCI that supports the EHCI 1.1.
>
> What would an EHCI addendum have to do with your particular bug?  Or is
> this a different question?
>
> Alan Stern would probably be the best person to ask this question, since
> he's the EHCI maintainer.

ehci-hcd does not support Hardware Prefetching.

Since Intel played a big role in designing the EHCI 1.1 addendum, it
seems likely that they made some EHCI controllers supporting those
extensions.  But I don't know the details, and I don't know if the
controllers in the current chipsets support EHCI-1.1.