Hello Felipe,

On Tuesday, April 02, 2013 4:00 PM Felipe Balbi wrote:

> Hi Andrejz,
>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:45:31PM +0100, Andrzej Pietrasiewicz wrote:
> > The prerequisite for providing the configfs interface for mass storage
> > and all its users is converting them to the new function interface from
> Sebastian.
> >
> > This patch series serves the purpose stated above.
> >
> > The plan for the conversion is as follows:
> >
> > - identify all users of mass storage (acm_ms, mass_storage, multi)
> > - get rid of #including the storage_common.c file by using separate
> > compilation
> > - make f_mass_storage a separately compiled module with the new
> interface
> >     a) create a header file
> >     b) convert to the new function interface
> >     c) provide compatibility for the mass storage's users
> > - convert the users of mass storage one by one to the new interface
> > - remove the compatibility for old style mass storage users
> > - merge separately compiled object files storage_common.o and
> > f_mass_storage.o into one module (at this point there is no purpose in
> > having a separate utiltiy
> > module)
> >
> > The series depends on Sebastian's series found here:
> >
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg76378.html
> >
> > @Sebastian: Felipe reports that there are problems with applying some
> > of the patches in your series. Are you willing to fix the problem?
>
> There are three series from you which I don't know what to do with them.
> Can you let me know which one is ready for mainline ? (meaning that it
> doesn't introduce regressions and still allows functions to be used to
> build gadget drivers which can be modprobed).

Please use this:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg83460.html

Please note that patch #7 has been fixed by replying to the
original post with its message-id.

I think it is more acceptable to provide a small but more-or-less
complete solution and I intend to do further works in a manner
demonstrated in the above mentioned thread.
That is, to do conversion to new function interface and addition
of configfs support in functions which constitute a given "old"
gadget. The mentioned thread does this for g_serial. Then for
example USB Ethernet gadgets (g_ncm, g_ether, g_cdc) can follow,
then mass storage, then g_multi, g_acm_ms, g_ffs and so on.
This way one patch series will be dedicated to achieving
the goal of one "old" gadget with configfs. And we avoid very
long series of ~50 patches or so.

Thanks,

Andrzej