On Fri, 2 Aug 2013, James Stone wrote:

> >> Not yet tried this, but I have tested the latest bios, and still get
> >> the same lockup. Full function-trace attached.
> >
> > OK . I have now tested with the webcam disconnected, and I don't seem
> > to be able to get this bug to occur.
> >

> Ah - and on plugging the webcam in, it happened immediately.

Is the webcam on the same bus as the audio card or a different bus?  I
assume a different one, because the usbmon traces showed no signs of
traffic to or from a webcam.

Also, this doesn't explain why plugging in the webcam should interfere
with audio.  If the webcam's driver was leaving interrupts disabled for
too long, it should have shown up in the irqsoff output.

Can you try applying the two patches posted by Steve and Peter and then
seeing if the irqsoff report shows anything interesting when you plug
in the webcam?